Monday, November 24, 2014

Oslo, Norway (again)

The ship docked in Oslo, Norway this morning.

 View of Oslo

View of Oslo (you can see the Holmenkollen Ski Jump on the mountain)

My mother and I took a ferry to the Bygdoy Pennisula and visited the Viking Ship Museum.  Not really something that excited me, but I went because Mom wanted to go.  

We then rode the ferry back to Oslo City Hall and looked at the woodcuts in the arcade.  Each showed a scene from Norwegian mythology.

Oslo City Hall

Our ship was docked near the Akershus Fortress.  We walked to the fortress from city hall, but the castle and buildings were closed for the season.

Akershus Fortress (left foreground)


The ship sailed at 2:00pm.  Luckily we had already spent a couple of days in and around Oslo at the beginning of the trip.

Oslofjord is beautiful.  These are just some of the pictures I took as we departed Oslo.










No comments:

Post a Comment